The Student News Site of Grayslake Central High School

RamsMedia

RamsMedia

RamsMedia

Oh, the Places They’ll Go!

Grayslake Centrals class of 2024 seniors are graduating and looking forward to their futures.

Grayslake Central’s class of 2024 will officially graduate on May 23, 2024. Our graduating seniors will miss many things about their time at GCHS, like participating in championship-winning sports teams, participating in clubs and activities that expand their horizons, and even the cookies in the cafeteria.

Despite missing these things about high school, countless new opportunities and paths face our 2024 graduates. Senior Jillann Schulz, who is attending Xavier University in Cincinnati, Ohio, has much to look forward to. “I’m going into sports management, and the main goal is to become a sports broadcaster, so like later in life, the NFL or for the NCAA, that’s the dream right now. I have the opportunity to do it at Xavier so I’ll be broadcasting in college which will boost me off.” This school grants her various opportunities to pursue her dreams – the “independence of it all,” as Schulz said.

Senior Eliza Piggott is attending a four-year college as a Division One athlete for softball at the University of Evansville in Indiana. She is looking forward to “just having the freedom to do my own thing, and then also play softball at a D1 level.

Although she is looking forward to the future, Piggott will miss her time at Grayslake Central. “Just all the people here, the culture is so great, having all the happiness all around all the time, and just being so close to home.” Grayslake Central has a wonderful community created within Central among the students, staff, and faculty. Some people have built long-lasting relationships throughout their high school career that will be missed as each student goes their separate way. Events at Central beyond the school day have also helped bring the school community together, like sports events, clubs, and fundraisers, and they help incorporate many students of different backgrounds. “I’m really going to miss all the events, at the cross-town rivals game, and showing up to your friends’ games and supporting them, just like that community aspect,” said Jillann Schulz.

There is so much community within Central and great friendships have been made throughout the time spent here. The teachers of GCHS have also made a significant impact on graduating students. “I also love a lot of the teachers here, so I’m hoping I get professors as good,” said Jillann Schulz. During these seniors’ four years attending Grayslake Central, they have grown so much and are heading out into the world to learn much more and make an impact in their own unique way.