Seniors jump to make more memories

Seniors, it is time to celebrate you and how much you have accomplished!

Senior Mitchell Garcia tries on his graduation gown in preparation for his big night on June 3 to say goodbye to high school for one last time.  These last events are giving seniors one last chance to say goodbye and walk down memory lane

Mitchell Garcia

Senior Mitchell Garcia tries on his graduation gown in preparation for his big night on June 3 to say goodbye to high school for one last time. These last events are giving seniors one last chance to say goodbye and walk down memory lane

Mitchell Garcia, Staff Reporter

This is the final sprint for seniors. This last month of the school year is full of major events for seniors: prom, graduation, the senior lunch and honors night.

On May 19, Central will honor students and their achievements of scholarships and academic honors they have earned.

According to college and career center coordinator Noel Marquardt, honors night will be celebrated in the theater but due to COVID-19, it will be Livestreamed over Zoom on the link on the school website. Watch the LiveStream to honor your friends and fellow classmates that have put in the extra hard work to get these awards and honors. Fifty students out of a class of 400 have earned this night for themselves.

From the beginning of high school in 2017, many seniors dreamt of their prom and what dress or suit they would wear and what it would be like, but a lot of that had to be put on hold. Several dreams of a prom were gone, and many thought they would never get a chance to wear that dress or have that experience. But just before seniors all gave up hope, seniors were told we were having a prom, but in a rebranded way. 

Just like a fairy tale ending, seniors have a prom on May 21, the GCHS student council is hosting Prom Rebranded. Seniors are getting dinner and are going to share their hopes and dreams with the class by writing on a rock and making a garden. During dinner, they will watch a slide show of all their friends, memories of high school, and what made it so great. They will take photos with their friends then let their dreams soar as they release their balloon as a farewell to school.

“I really hope that students will come and enjoy this evening with their friends in the class of 2021,” said student council adviser Lora Ciferri. 

To fully say farewell to high school, seniors have graduation and the senior lunch: their last chance to congratulate their classmates on everything they have done. 

According to senior student council sponsor Jackie Maravola, June 3 is graduation, senior lunch, and practice graduation. At lunch, seniors will get a boxed lunch and will be able to be with their friends. There is a break during the day to watch another slideshow of their friends from their younger self to older self. Then seniors head home and get ready for graduation. The ceremony will be at 7:00 pm, and the class of 2021 will graduate under the stars on the football field. The last day of high school memories will end on June 3 at 8:30.

Seniors, these are events that you do not want to miss. To end your high school experience, “this is your one time to come together, and you haven’t had a lot of opportunities to do events at the school…This is really giving you a great opportunity to do an event at the school,” said Ciferri.