Student council brings new perspective

Meet the new student council members of 2019-2020

Clarissa Sison, Feature Editor

From building school spirit to organizing charity events, all the dances, and even bringing back some old traditions, such as flicks on the field, student council holds an important role. This year, one of the goals
of student council is to get the student body more involved by coming up with new events like the kickoff assembly.

Furthermore, there is a new structure to student council this year. In the previous years, each class had their own individual representatives with their own president, vice president, treasurer, and secretary. But this year, there are four main officers on the executive board and two or three representatives from each class, which makes up a total of eleven members on the executive board. Now, let’s meet the four main offi- cers for the 2019-2020 school year.

Omari Fleming

Meet senior Omari Fleming, one of the co-presidents on student council. Fleming has been part of student council since he was in middle school. Because he enjoyed that experience, Fleming wanted to continue to make an impact in the school and has been on student council for all four years.
“I want it to be a year for everyone to remember, regardless
if it’s their last year,” Fleming mentioned.

Q&A

Q.Where would you go right now?
A.“Right now, Japan. Japan sounds really cool.”

Q.If you could make one rule for a day that everyone had to follow. What would it be?

A.“Everyone would have to be nice to each other.”

Keegan Fitzgerald

Meet junior Keegan Fitzgerald. Fitzgerald has been on stu- dent council since he was a freshman as a class repre- sentative. This year, he is on the execu- tive board as co-president with Omari Fleming. “I also hope that everyone gets to see Student Council and what we do. I hope it gets more people to join,” Fitzgerald mentioned.

Q&A

Q.Where would you go right now?

A.“There’s just something appealing about Hawaii.”

A.“I’d make a rule that said everyone had to participate in any sport of any choice… so they can be more active.”

Maddie Enman

Meet junior Maddie Enman, the Director of Public Relations of student council. Enman is in charge of promoting all the events of student council and get the stu- dents excited about it.

“I like the idea of having
a say in things, and I do the executive board for exactly that reason,” Enman mentioned.

Q&A

Q.Where would you go right now?
A. “Iceland. Because it’s beautiful there, and I love hiking. That’s the place me and my mom want to go together.”
A.“No phones, because I feel like everyone’s constantly on their phones.

Megan Schrimpf 

Meet junior Megan Schrimpf, the secretary on student council. As secretary, she’s in charge of organizing the pa- perwork for student council. “The food drive is my favorite event because I think you can really see the impact in the community,“ Schrimpf mentioned.

Q&A

Q.Where would you go right now?

A. “Probably Thailand. I heard it’s quite different over there.”

A.“Maybe like no yelling. It’s a pet peeve of mine when people talk on the wrong level.”